The recent change in funding for disabled students has placed greater emphasis on individual lecturers to provide equal opportunities enabling all students to access high quality teaching.
This quick reference guide has been created to help you understand the support for disabled students as they declare a disability, and answers questions you may have about your role in their learning.
When designing and delivering inclusive learning have you:
· Thought about the purpose of your teaching session/series of sessions?
· Constructively aligned your teaching with assessment?
· Decided your curriculum objectives?
· Considered your teaching style in light of your learners needs?
· Offered a range of activities to meet a range of learning preferences?
This guide is designed to help you enhance your teaching and learning in inclusive practice. The ideas are meant to assist you and are by no means exhaustive. You can use the guide to support areas where you feel you might have gaps in knowledge/skills/experience or to add to your existing practice.