As part of the 2018 Blackboard Updates, the new process to guide you through the steps of applying a template and copying selected content to your new Blackboard site is now in place.
All 2018/19 courses will open with the wizard by default. Although it is a quick and straightforward process, we have produced this walkthrough guide and video for further information.
The wizard has been design to help with the initial course set-up. Prior to the introduction of the wizard, for each new site you would have to;
- Find the site and add yourself to it via the Staff tab on Blackboard
- Go into the new site and delete all existing menu areas
- Each area takes four clicks to delete
- Go into your previous site and follow course copy, ensuring that you select all the correct options
On a basic site, apart from the time element, this would take about 45 clicks to set-up each site! To apply a new programme template at the same time would take even more time and complexity – and clicks.
The wizard will apply a template and copy selected content from a previous course (where available), and all from within the same Blackboard site – with far fewer clicks.
This new process further strengthens and develops the links between Blackboard and SITS.
This is the first iteration of the wizard, and it is hoped to develop it further over time.
- If you don’t see “pending” in your My Courses list, switch-on Terms
- If an expected module isn’t showing under the “pending” term, check ICON
- Please complete the form if you wish to combine two or more modules
- Please remember that Course Themes will no longer be supported following the upgrade at the end of July 2018
- Having run the wizard, you will still be able to copy items from other courses, if needed.