The process for creating, claiming and getting started with your Blackboard sites will change for 2018/9 academic year. Our January and March iLead posts will provide further information on the project, however, if these articles don’t cover your question please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In summary, the success of the automated process relies on the data in SITS, and a Blackboard site will be created using MAV data in the normal way but now also relies on:
- a MAV ‘flagged’ as needing a Blackboard site and
- the ‘Lead Tutor’. This individual will automatically be added as an Instructor to the site which will subsequently appear in a “Pending” section of their Blackboard My Courses list.
In view of this, we are asking you to review and update a spreadsheet to ensure your Blackboard site will be created and available to you. We understand that future changes to the lead tutors are inevitable and are working on a solution to manage this.
The spreadsheet shows all the MAV’s set up for 2018/9 within each subject group and only the columns highlighted in yellow need to be completed. We request that you check:
- the module title, subject group and department. These are taken from the Module Record (MOD), if this data is incorrect please contact email@example.com providing the correct details.
- ‘Is the Blackboard Site Needed?’ has been defaulted to YES, please change to NO if you do not need a Blackboard site.
- ‘Tutor Name’. This has been pre-populated by data currently on SITS, please amend and complete as necessary. Changes to the spreadsheet are tracked by colour changing cells.
- To complete the data collection please add in your initials in the first column to indicate the MAV has been checked.
Access to the Spreadsheet
On Campus is via the ‘Z’ Drive and can be found using this file path: Z:\SAAS – Shared Documents\Data Collection\SDMU\Blackboard Tutor Collection
Off Campus you will need to use the ‘Off campus Z drive access or the Remote Desktop both of which can be found under Systems on the StaffHub:
Can’t find your modules? The individual spreadsheets are built using the Subject Group data on the MAV, if this is incorrect then you are likely to find your modules on one of the other spreadsheets within your department folder.
If you notice the data isn’t quite right ie. the Period isn’t right or the module is on the wrong spreadsheet please make a note in the Comments column for correction at the end of this process.
Course information has been provided for information only and is not a definitive list. The information was sourced from 2017/8 MAVs that have students attached. Variants have not been split-out; there will be one title covering part time/full time, placement/sandwich etc.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this process, please note the spreadsheet is available from now until 18th May.
To find out more on any of the above please contact either the central firstname.lastname@example.org email or directly to your supporting learning technologist.