Jisc has recently circulated the following update regarding their Digital Student Project –
“As part of the Jisc Digital student project, we have recently carried out interviews with 12 students from across further education and skills, higher education and with learners who are studying online.
The Digital learner stories are inspirational stories from learners sharing their experiences of how technology has supported their educational journeys.
It is hoped that these learner stories will:
- inspire and encourage learners to try new things
- showcase the rich diversity of digital practices available to learners
- demonstrate the importance of supporting digital learning practices in all their diversity
- argue for investment in digital access, on the basis that this make a real difference to learning outcomes
- encourage teaching staff to develop a range of approaches, and to work with students to fully exploit the technologies available for learning
- offer evidence to decision makers about how technology is supporting learners and enhancing their educational journey
A report compiling all the themes arising from these interviews and building on the work of the Digital student project as a whole will be published shortly.”